• The Round Table on Responsible Soy (RTRS) is an initiative formed by multiple parties, including soy producers, retailers and civil society organizations, to promote sustainable soy production and trade on a global level. The member-based group sets forth a voluntary certification system based on sustainable production standards to facilitate the responsible cultivation, processing and use of soy in global markets.
Objective of RTRS
• Promote and facilitate the responsible production, processing and trade of soy globally
• Engage stakeholder dialogue and ensure decision-making by consensus
• Foster soy production methods which protect the environment, are socially responsible and economically viable
• Maintain and continually improve the RTRS Production Standard
- Being an RTRS member means having an active contribution and impact on the aim to change the view towards responsible business. Soy cannot be left outside this logic, which is why it is important to make joint decisions that enable the production of socially responsible, economically feasible and environmentally sound soy.
- Becoming RTRS certified means creating solid relations with other members by endorsing a common cause.
WHO NEED RTRS
- RTRS certification can be obtained by small and large soy producers alike who meet the requirements of the RTRS Production Standard. To accommodate smaller producers, procedures are in place which allow for group certification to reduce costs. Other organizations involved in the soy supply chain are eligible for Chain of Custody Certification, which assures buyers they are purchasing products produced from responsible soy practices.
- Please contact [email protected], if you are interested in a custom quote. may be able to offer audit and budget efficiencies by bundling RTRS with other certifications.